Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Exploring The Forest On Bikes!

Last night I saw a white tailed deer.  I thought it was cool.  We were riding our bikes when we stopped and wanted to turn around to go back home.  Then we saw a white tailed deer.  It was eating its dinner.  It eats grass and plants.  White tailed deer are herbivores.  In the summer they like to hang out in the meadow during dusk and dawn. Wouldn't you know it, we were there during dusk.  We don't have a picture, but next time we won't leave without a camera.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Cole. I love your blog. Since you love animals and want to be a vet I thought I would add an interesting fact. White tailed deer are a favorite snack of the Ixodes tick. These pinpoint-sized ticks are often carriers of certain kind of bacteria called spirochetes. One of the spirochetes causes Lyme disease (Borrelia burgdoferi). Make sure you ask for help checking yourself for ticks when you come in from your explorations. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cole - This is your friend, Ben. Mom is typing my words. The peregrine falcon can dive 200 miles per hour and can catch a bird right out of the air.It will eat any kind of bird. It lives in any 'country' except for Antarctica. I'm glad you are saving cheetahs and tigers because they are getting endangered, since people are using them for purses and stuff. I want to be a veterinarian, too, or a zookeeper. I want to go to South America to see spider monkeys.

    ReplyDelete