Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dolphins

Dolphins are not my favorite animal in the ocean, that is an octopus, but I am just doing this for fun because I think you would really like it.  I have some books about dolphins.  I'd like to tell you about the things I learned in the books.  Dolphins are small whales.  Whales are mammals.  All mammals need to breath.  They use to catch dolphins in tuna nets.  Now they try to use ways to catch tuna that do not hurt dolphins.  Dolphins are still in danger from the trash people throw in the ocean.  People also endangered the dolphins from taking the food away from the dolphins by fishing to much. To stop this, they asked the government to help them.  They made laws that you cannot fish for dolphins, you cannot put trash in the ocean, and only a little bit of fishing sometimes.  Here is a  picture of a dolphin we saw in Florida. We saw dolphins and manatees.

No comments:

Post a Comment